Note: Please note that you should only upload your Stock Count as a one-time exercise. DO NOT USE THE UPLOAD FEATURE unless you have consulted the support team from SmartB or your Super User.
The stock count feature is a quick way to adjust the stock balance in the system for goods that does not tally with physical stocks. This should only be used during stock count or stock adjustment exercises. The validated stock count will be reflected in your stock card.
On top of that, because this can be integrated into your accounting module, your balance sheet (stock cost) is automatically updated for you. Of course, that is assuming that the configuration has been set up properly. Hence, more care needs to be taken.
When uploading, always upload using a DRAFT status. If not, you may not get your records updated correctly on the system. Errors which you might find include:
- Stock balances not reflected accurately
- Accounting journal entry duplication (see sample below)
- Previous stock count not removed/amended accurately
Error sample – duplication error
(Click on image for larger view)
Sample upload file:
- Standard template – click here to download.
- Template with company (as seen on video) – click here to download