There will be a few instance where you want to edit a bunch of data in the system, but you found it quite difficult to edit the data one by one. The quickest way to solve this issue is by exporting the file into excel and edit it.
However, there might some possibilities of redundant data like instead updating the exist data, it creating a new data.
Picture below shows the example Price List Items that have redundant data.
To prevent this thing from occur, we must include it ‘Database ID’ field when importing or exporting the data.
Here is the example to update Price in Price List Items.
- Select any data that we want to export, then click Export button
- Next, click on Load Fields button, then select KH Price List to auto load the fields.
- Alternatively, we can select the field that we want to export. However, remember during exporting, there will be some fields that is necessary. For example when exporting Price List Items, the fields in the picture is compulsory. If not you will have trouble when importing the file into the system.
- After export you can edit the field value in excel, and save it in csv format. As for this example, I changed its Price.
- In the system select the Import button, choose Import (old), and upload the csv file
- As we can see inside the picture below, the Price updated. Instead of creating a new data, it will update the existing one